Lafayette IN Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle crash, you need a Lafayette IN motorcycle accident lawyer to help you navigate the claims process. The experienced personal injury lawyers at Hall-Justice Law Firm have helped victims of motorcycle crashes recover compensation for losses experienced in devastating collisions. We can help you too. Call us today at (765) 388-3142 for a free case evaluation.
Compensation in a Motorcycle Accident Case
After you have sustained injuries in a motorcycle crash, you likely have many losses for which you deserve compensation. You may have experienced serious injuries and therefore are unable to work. Your vehicle may also have sustained damage. You deserve compensation from the party responsible. We can help you recover compensation for both past and present:
- Medical expenses
- Hospital and medication costs
- Lost income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Physical limitations
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage
- Vehicle rental and towing
An insurance claim may not help you recover physically and emotionally, but it can help you obtain financial security after a serious accident. Contact our Lafayette IN motorcycle accident lawyer to find out how much you may be able to recover.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, you may be unsure of what to do next. Take the following steps to ensure you are safe and begin the claims process correctly:
- Seek medical help. Whether you feel injured right away or not, you should seek medical attention immediately. Some of your pain may not show up for days or weeks. A doctor can properly assess your injuries.
- Call 911. In addition to seeking medical assistance, you should call 911 to file an official crash report. The police will be able to assess the scene and gather information from the other people present.
- Take pictures and gather information. Speak with other drivers and witnesses to obtain names and insurance information. Take pictures and video with your phone and write down what happened so you don’t forget.
- Contact a Lafayette IN motorcycle accident lawyer. The other parties will likely contact their insurance companies and lawyers right away. You deserve the same protection. Call us right after the accident so we can start working for you.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Because motorcycles have very little protection, riders often sustain severe injuries in accidents. According to the Indiana State Police, more than 4,000 motorcycle accidents occur every year in Indiana. In those, more than 1,200 people are injured. Common injuries in motorcycle accidents include:
- Head and traumatic brain injuries – Helmets can protect your head, but being thrown from a motorcycle can still cause concussions and other mild, moderate, and severe traumatic brain injuries.
- Neck, back, and spinal cord injuries – Severe trauma to your vertebrae can result in whiplash and other serious injuries to your neck, back, and spinal cord.
- Broken bones – When you’re thrown from a motorcycle and come into contact with the road or other vehicles, you can suffer broken and splintered bones.
- Internal damage – Your internal organs can be severely damaged when you fly off a motorcycle onto the road or into another vehicle.
- Soft tissue damage – Bruises, lacerations, and road rash can occur as you skid across the road after a motorcycle accident.
- Psychological trauma – Riding a motorcycle can be fun; however, fear caused by a motorcycle accident may take that enjoyment away.
Injures that occur after a motorcycle accident can be very severe and even fatal. In fact, more than 100 motorcycle drivers and riders are fatally injured in wrecks in Indiana each year. If you or a loved one has suffered injuries, contact a Lafayette IN motorcycle accident lawyer today.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
It is important to determine the cause of your motorcycle accident so that you can assess fault and recover compensation for your losses. Our Lafayette IN motorcycle accident lawyer will conduct a complete investigation of your crash, and then work to determine who caused your accident. Some common causes of motorcycle accidents include the following:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk drivers
- Failure to see motorcycles
- Driver error
- Lane sharing or splitting
- Equipment malfunction
- Environmental hazards
- Construction zones
- Broken or littered roadways
It is important to look at all evidence to determine the cause of your accident. We will review the police report, as well as consult with expert witnesses who are familiar with motorcycle crashes. Our Lafayette IN motorcycle accident lawyer will review your situation and then help you through the process.
A Lafayette IN Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a motorcycle crash, we can help. We will compassionately listen to your side of the story and subsequently help you prove that the other driver was at fault. Moreover, we will help you make an insurance claim to obtain compensation and make sure you obtain enough funds to cover all your losses. Call a Lafayette IN motorcycle accident lawyer at Hall-Justice Law Firm today at (765) 388-3142.