Lafayette IN Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck crash, a Lafayette IN truck accident lawyer can help you pursue a claim to obtain compensation for your losses. Truck accidents can be devastating, resulting in serious injuries. Hall-Justice Law Firm can help you navigate the complex personal injury claims process that will involve third parties and multiple insurance companies. Call us today at (765) 388-3142 to begin the claims process.
Compensation After a Truck Accident
After a collision with a big truck, you may have suffered many losses. You may have bills piling up and be unable to work. You may need vehicle repairs or an entirely new vehicle. Our Lafayette IN truck accident lawyer can help you obtain compensation for past and future:
- Medical bills
- Hospital fees and rehabilitation
- Medication expenses
- Lost income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Physical limitations and disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage
- Car rental fees and towing
After a truck accident, you will likely have many unexpected expenses. Insurance companies may try to get you to settle for an amount that will not cover all of your losses. Talk to a Lafayette IN truck accident lawyer at Hall-Justice Law Firm to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
What to Do After a Truck Accident?
After a truck accident, you may be confused and unsure of what steps to take next. We can help. Follow these steps:
- Seek medical help. If you are injured, call 911 and immediately go to a hospital or doctor. Even if you don’t think you’re severely injured, you may experience pain days or weeks after an accident.
- Get information from the scene. Take names and contact information from other drivers and witnesses. Take pictures and write an account of what happened.
- Call 911. Even if you don’t need medical attention, call the police to make a formal report.
- Do not talk to the insurance company before you speak to a Lafayette IN truck accident lawyer. The truck driver’s insurance company will likely call you right away. Do not make a statement before consulting with your own lawyer.
- Speak with a Lafayette truck accident attorney. You will need to make a claim to seek compensation for your losses. We can help. Call us today to begin your case.
Truck Accident Claims Process
The truck accident claims process can be extremely complex. In addition to dealing with the truck driver, you may have to talk to the driver’s employer or trucking company, insurance companies, and lawyers. Truck companies and their insurance providers are quick to involve lawyers, so you should immediately seek legal assistance as well. We can help you do the following:
- File a claim with the other person’s insurance for compensation of your losses;
- Make a claim with your insurance company for immediate coverage;
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a fair settlement;
- Complete an investigation into what actually happened;
- Determine liability in your truck accident claim;
- Engage expert witnesses to establish fault; and
- Take your case to trial, if necessary.
Insurance companies and lawyers will make your claim difficult. They are not your friends. You need a Lafayette truck accident attorney to ensure your rights are protected throughout the claims process.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
It is important to determine the cause of your crash so that fault can be established. Once we prove that the trucker is at fault, we can make a claim with the trucking company and their insurance provider. Common causes that we will investigate include the following:
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted truckers
- Driver error
- Failure to maintain proper lookout
- Speeding or other failures to follow traffic laws
- Violation of safety regulations
- Intoxicated driving – i.e., drug or alcohol abuse
- Inexperience or improperly trained drivers
- Improperly loaded trailers – i.e., overloading
- Equipment malfunction
- Trucking company negligence
- Negligent hiring
With so many people and companies involved, claims can become complicated very quickly. An experienced Lafayette truck accident lawyer can help you determine the cause and fault in your crash.
Common Injuries Sustained in Truck Accidents
Because of the size and weight of commercial trucks, accidents tend to cause serious injuries. Those injuries can be life-changing. Although an insurance claim will not make you better physically or emotionally, it can give you the funds you need to not worry about recovery. Common injuries that occur in truck accidents include the following:
- Broken bones
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries
- Neck, back, and spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Severe burns
- Internal injuries
- Psychological trauma
A Lafayette Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help You
After an accident, you may experience severe injuries and confusion. You may know that you need to make a claim, but you may be unsure of where to start. Our experienced Lafayette truck accident attorney can help you. We will complete an independent investigation of the crash in order to determine liability. We will also speak with the trucker, trucking company, and their insurance agency. Moreover, we will negotiate on your behalf and help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Call a Lafayette IN truck accident lawyer at Hall-Justice Law Firm today at (765) 388-3142.